If you want to easily customize your blog posts or pages or any part of your website, you need a page builder plugin. This is where plugins like Elementor, Divi builder come into play. But which one is better? Read our review to find out.
Are you looking for the best visual page builders for WordPress? Confused between Elementor and Divi builders?
If you want to customize your website or create a portfolio site, the page builder is what you need. A page builder plugin helps you build any website you want. From landing pages to custom sales pages, you can literally design anything using page builders.
When it comes to WordPress page builders, both Elementor and Divi builders are hugely popular and both offer outstanding features including drag and drop editors.
In this detailed guide, we’ll cover features, pros, cons, prices, etc., so you can choose the RIGHT one for your website needs. We will talk about Elementor vs Divi builder along with.
Are you ready to find? Let’s get into the details.
- Elementor vs Divi Builder: Which Is Better?
- Elementor vs Divi Builder: Drag and Drop Editor Interface
- Elementor vs Divi: Pricing
- Elementor vs Divi: Pros and Cons
- What Is Our Honest Verdict Against Elementor vs. Divi Builder?
- Divi and Elementor FAQs
- Final thoughts on WordPress Divi and Elementor page builders
Elementor vs Divi Builder: Which Is Better?
Divi vs Elementor: Features List
Divi Builder Features
Of the Elegant themes, Divi Builder comes with a number of excellent built-in features listed below.
- Drag and drop page builder (Key feature of Divi builder)
- Ability to create multiple row and column layouts for your posts and pages
- Comes with a wide variety of prebuilt page layouts that saves a ton of time
- It comes with a contact form module by default (so you don’t need any third party plugins to create a contact page on your site)
- It comes with a built-in pricing table module (this is extremely helpful for people selling products from their site)
- Provides you with a library of layouts (equipped with 110+ ready-made websites and 880+ ready-made layouts)
- It gives you 100% responsiveness (this gives you full control of how your website looks on mobile)
- Access to over 40 different website elements (from testimonials to sliders to email preference forms)
Here are some of the surprising benefits of using Divi Builder.
Did you know that Divi builder offers more than 158 layout templates (out of 1161 total) in various categories?
From business to lifestyle to tech, no matter what industry you’re in, you can use Divi ready-made layout packs to effortlessly design a stunning website.
Choose a layout of your choice and start customizing it using the easy-to-use drag and drop page editor. You are good to go!
Customize how you want
As you can see above, click on any module and start customizing it. Inside the Content tab, you can change module content items such as text and images.
It also offers a drag and drops feature where every element on the page can be dragged and dropped to new locations. You can also preview how your content looks on mobile devices. When editing your page, it’s easy to see how your design will look on mobile devices.
Elementor is not far behind when it comes to features as it includes a wide range of options below
- Offers a simple drag and drop editor that lets you easily edit everything on your site
- Your header, footer, etc. It offers a visual Theme Builder that lets you customize everything on your site, including
- Offers a Popup Builder that helps you create stunning popups in minutes
- Provides you with over 80 website design elements (so you don’t have to rely on too many plugins or 3rd party tools)
- Elementor plugin works with almost any WordPress theme
- Lots of plugins available (both Elementor site and other platforms offer these plugins exclusively)
- It also gives you access to a free theme called Hello theme (both responsive and search friendly)
- You can integrate seamlessly with your favorite marketing (from social media platforms to email marketing tools)
- Gives you access to 300+ beautifully crafted templates
Does it offer any free demos?
No, but you can get Elementor free plugin that gives you limited features.
Here are some useful features of using the Elementor page builder.
Access to over 80 design elements
With the Elementor Pro plugin, you will get access to more than 80 stunning design elements, from basic elements to theme elements.
Among the basic elements;
- Star ratings
- video embeds
- sound cloud
- Google maps etc.
Among the theme elements;
- Post title
- Submit Quote
- Message Content
- featured image
- Author Box
- Post Comments etc.
The WooCommerce element includes;
- Product Crumbs
- product title
- Product Images
- Product price
- add to Basket
- Product Rating etc.
This means you can easily customize your WordPress site using everything from star ratings in your product reviews to adding product prices to your ecommerce site.
Unlike Divi Builder in Elegant themes, Elementor gives you a free version with limited features. The free version is more than enough if you want to try it for the first time or if you want to create a simple site.
The free plugin gives you some great features including;
- 30 free widgets
- Visual and intuitive form builder
- Custom fonts
- Custom CSS
- Animated titles
- Image and video sliders etc.
Elementor vs Divi Builder: Drag and Drop Editor Interface
One of the top reasons to use page builders like Elementor and Divi builder is that they offer drag and drop editors. Both interfaces are easy to work with.
So, let’s take a quick look at both of their interfaces.
What does the Elementor plugin interface look like?
As you can see above, Elementor offers a variety of elements that you can drag and drop into the “drag and drop editor” to start customizing your blog posts, pages, or anything else you want on your site.
As we discussed earlier above, you will have access to over 80 design elements to work with.
The interface of the Divi creator is as follows;
As you can see above, the Divi builder works differently (compared to Elementor) when you access everything with floating buttons that open various popups (as shown above).
This way, you can add any new module you want. Divi builder offers you 40 different modules to work with.
In summary, Elementor interface follows a more static approach, while Divi Builder’s approach requires you to click on its floating buttons to customize your website.
It all comes down to personal preference (as far as interface selection is concerned), and we’ve found both to be extremely easy to work with.
Elementor vs Divi: Pricing
One of the most important things most people consider when choosing any WordPress page builder is pricing. So which is better between Divi and Elementor?
Let’s find and discuss the pricing plans of these page builders.
The good thing about using Elementor is that it has a free version that you can download here. Unlike most other page builders, its free version is very useful and you can customize simple websites easily.
For serious users who want to customize their site in any way, Elementor Pro is the better deal. In fact, you can use the free version for a while and invest in Elementor Pro as your site grows, as you can easily upgrade to the Pro version without losing any changes to your design.
So how much does Elementor Pro cost in 2022?
It gives you 4 pricing options listed below.
- Personal license is $49 per year and can be used for a single site with 300+ Basic & Pro Templates 60+ Pro Website Kits and Premium Support
- Plus license is $199 per year and can be used for 25 sites with 300+ Basic & Pro Templates 60+ Pro Website Kits and Premium Support
- Expert license costs $499 per year and can be used for a 100 sites with 300+ Basic & Pro Templates 60+ Pro Website Kits, Experts Network Profile and VIP support
- Expert license costs $999 per year and can be used for a 1000 sites with 300+ Basic & Pro Templates 60+ Pro Website Kits, Experts Network Profile and VIP support
Elementor Pro offers you a 30-day money-back guarantee. So if you think it’s not right for you, you can request a refund within 30 days.
Divi Builder does not offer a free version (unlike Elementor). But if you want to see how the page builder works, you can try the Divi Demo here.
So how much does Divi builder cost?
Now you know Elegant themes offer Divi Builder and are not sold separately. That’s why you’ll need to sign up for Elegant themes (don’t worry, they’re extremely affordable) to be able to use the Divi builder.
Elegant Themes offers two pricing plans:
- Annual access (costs you $89 per year and gives access to Divi builder, Extra, Bloom, and Monarch)
- Lifetime access (costs you a one-time fee of $249 and gives you access to Divi builder, Extra, Bloom, and Monarch)
They also offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. This means that if you don’t enjoy your Elegant Themes membership (or Divi builder), you’ll get a refund within 30 days of signing up.
So what’s the decision?
Both are affordable and can be purchased for $100 per year, which is why millions of people use both of these page builders. Elementor is the least expensive when compared to the Divi builder (Elementor pricing starts at just $49 per year, while the Divi builder starts at $89 per year with Elegant themes).
Elementor vs Divi: Pros and Cons
This Elementor vs Divi builder comparison will be incomplete if we don’t talk about the pros and cons. Let’s discuss them now.
Elementor page builder Pros:
- It offers you a free version (this is enough for most bloggers to build and customize their WordPress site)
- Ability to customize archive page and single post pages (definitely a big advantage over Divi builder if you want to custom design your blog pages)
- Elementor works perfectly with almost any WordPress theme
- Elementor Pro is really affordable (price starts at just $49 per year and is cheaper than the Divi builder)
Elementor page builder Cons:
Elementor pricing plans do not have a lifetime access option (unlike Divi, where you can get lifetime membership of Elegant themes)
Divi builder Pros:
- Unlimited access (you can buy any of its packages once and then use its themes and plugins on unlimited websites)
- There is a lifetime access option that only costs $249 (which means if you pay $249 you get lifetime access to Elegant themes and Divi builder and other plugins!!)
- They give you access to the 24/7 chat option (so you can get answers to your questions any time of the day)
- It offers incredible support access (including a large Facebook group, extensive documentation, a ton of tutorials, etc.)
Cons of Divi page builder:
You will use a ton of shortcodes when using Divi (this means if you disable Divi or switch to another theme or page builder all the customization, edits to your blog posts and pages can get messy)
What Is Our Honest Verdict Against Elementor vs. Divi Builder?
So which one should you choose? Elementor or Divi builder? Here is our honest decision.
Divi Builder (including an Elegant Themes subscription) is an excellent choice for;
- Freelance web designers (you can choose a lifetime deal and create any number of sites for your clients for a lifetime!)
- Bloggers (who run multiple websites)
- Beginners (those looking for a platform to grab both themes and a page builder like Divi)
- Website owners (who want to create stunning pages on their site)
- Beginners (looking for an easy-to-use page builder to customize their site the way they want)
- Designers (who want to create unique landing pages, sales pages, etc. for their clients)
In summary, if you are looking for a custom page builder for a WordPress site, go for Elementor Pro. If you want both page builder and WordPress themes, Divi builder from Elegant themes is the right choice.
Divi and Elementor FAQs
Here are some frequently asked questions about these popular WordPress page builders like Divi and Elementor.
Can you use Elementor with Divi?
Yes, Elementor is a page builder plugin that needs a WordPress theme to start customizing a website. Divi offers a WordPress theme (apart from the drag and drop editor). So yes, you can use Elementor with Divi theme.
But if you plan to use both Elementor and Divi page builders at the same time, it can lead to complex customization. So use any of them (page builders).
What is the difference between Divi and Divi builder?
Divi is a WordPress theme while Divi builder is a drag and drop page builder developed by Elegant Themes. They both work flawlessly with each other or you can use any (according to your needs).
Do I still need a page builder plugin if I'm already using WordPress' Gutenberg editor?
Gutenberg is the new WordPress editor for creating your posts and pages. Gutenberg uses blocks for everything (including paragraphs, headings, galleries, lists, images, etc).
So, do you still need a custom page builder plugin like Divi builder or Elementor Pro?
The short answer is yes. Although WordPress’ Gutenberg editor is a nice version, it is NOT a true page builder (it cannot be considered a full-featured page builder). If you have access to fully futuristic drag and drop page builders like Elementor or Divi, you will have unlimited options to customize your site.
What is the difference between Divi Theme and Divi builder?
Both Divi theme and Divi builder belong to Elegant Themes. So you need Elegant themes membership (costs $89 per year) to use them.
Divi theme is a fully customizable theme for WordPress sites, while Divi builder is a standalone page builder plugin that works on any theme.
Can I use Elementor with any theme?
Yes, Elementor is a standalone page builder for WordPress that works on any WordPress theme (including free and premium themes). Elementor is a plugin that you need to install and activate in order to use it. Your pages, posts, etc. You need a WordPress theme to be able to work with the Elementor plugin to design and customize it.
Which is better: Divi or Elementor?
Elementor and Divi offer excellent page building features. Elementor offers both free and premium versions (starting at $49 per year). Divi from Elegant Themes costs $89 per year and you can use it on any number of sites. Divi Builder is beginner friendly, but working with Elementor builder is faster.
Read: Elementor Review: Best Page Builder for WordPress?
Final thoughts on WordPress Divi and Elementor page builders
If you are looking for an easy way to design your website, drag and drop page builders are extremely useful for you. Even if you are a newbie with zero technical skills, you can use page builders like Divi builder or Elementor Pro to customize your site.
Both of these drag and drop editors are extremely easy to use, offer a wide range of features, and both are affordable.
So, which one will you choose to customize your WordPress sites? Do you have any more questions about WordPress Divi builder and Elementor? Let us know your thoughts with your comments.